Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chap is Back!

Chapped lips that is. No, it's not in style... just in season. Winter season.

There are many reasons why lips begin to chafe. The obvious would be seasonal, but it could also be the result of current medical treatment, dehydration, environmental, or can even be caused by using dry longwear lip colors.

I happen to suffer from the latter this season but I rescue my lips with Bioelements Lip Buff and Instant Emollient. I use the Lip Buff because it's simply not enough to smooth over dry lips with shine. I have to first remove those embarassing dry skin flakes with an exfoliant made specifically for dry lips. The Lip Buff scrubs away dry, peeling lip skin and the Instant Emolliant is a conditioning lip treatment that prevents chapping.

For those of you that like multi-tasking beauty products, the Instant Emollient also works great as an undereye treatment as well.

No comments: